Buying safely with a BHTA member
BHTA know how confusing it can be to ensure you purchase the right goods and services from a reputable businesses, but that is where BHTA members can help you.
BHTA members that displays the above logo are the:-
- only businesses who belong to a code sponsor organisation can display the CTSI approved code logo. This logo means the business is reliable and trustworthy
- our members always have clear terms and conditions. This means you know what you are buying, any charges and conditions, before you buy. It means you are protected
- by using a BHTA approved trader, you will have protection above and beyond, your normal consumer law rights
- our members have wealth of experience and product knowledge, and they will be able to guide you through a product selection process, that will help you today, and as your condition or needs change
- having a local provider ensures you are supported for delivery, set up, after sales service and demonstrations, to ensure the product is right for you
- you will have access to a clear complaints and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) procedure. Businesses are regularly audited and monitored to ensure they comply with the high standards set by our approved Code of Practice
- our members normally have a joint “BHTA/CTSi” logo on their websites that enables you to click on, which takes you to the CTSi website and confirm our members adhere to our code and are approved – its peace of mind
When you looking to find the product you need, BHTA has some really useful publications in our “Get Wise” series that gives consumers some real insights into purchasing of mobility products, stairlifts and many more, that helps you understand the questions you need to consider when buying a product.
To go straight to the Get wise page in our website – click here
Once you know what you want you have a couple of options;
Find a local retailer in your area click here
Type in your Postcode and if there is a retailer in your area the company name will appear with their address and contact details. If no immediate company name appears, click on the map link and scroll over the UK map, to find the nearest one to you. Remembering many BHTA members travel to see customers.
Find a product search
If you are looking for a specific product, we have introduced a new feature to our website, allowing you to search for products by name and type. Once you find what you are looking for click the link which will take you to the BHTA members that supplies the products enabling you to contact them and get further advice and assistance.
Click Here for Product Search
Be assured that when you buy from a BHTA member you have the reassurance that you are buying from a business which is committed to our
Code of Practice. The Code comes under the Consumer Codes Approval Scheme, run by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute.
We offer a complaints mediation and arbitration scheme for customers who have bought from a BHTA member and who are unable to resolve a complaint with them. You can read more about the Code of Practice and about making a complaint by clicking the links.
Please take a look at our consumer leaflet – How can CCAS help me?
Remember – Before you purchase ?
Our members always have clear terms and conditions. Look for the Approved Code logo shown below.
Remember – During your purchase ?
Know you are protected.
Remember – After your purchase ?
Access to a clear complaints and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) procedure.
Businesses are regularly audited and monitored to ensure they comply with the high standards set by their approved code of practice (code sponsor). By using an approved trader, you will have protection above and beyond your normal consumer law rights.
I have a complaint about a business displaying the CTSI approved code logo, what is the complaints procedure?
1. Please speak to the business first, to give them the opportunity to resolve the issue.
2. If the matter is not resolved, please complain to the code sponsor.
Click here to find Code sponsors and their websites
3. Code sponsors are required to provide you with access to Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), if your complaint cannot be resolved informally.
Unfortunately, CTSI/CCAS cannot advise about individual complaints.
What if I have a complaint about a code sponsor?
1. Please contact the code sponsor first, to give them the opportunity to resolve the issue. Please note, we cannot become involved with, overturn or change any decision or remedy of the ADR process
2. If a resolution cannot be agreed, you can raise a complaint about a code sponsor (not individual code members) by emailing email@example.com