The demand for examination gloves has significantly increased above our predicted uplift under the current COVID-19 response.
To protect stockholding and ensure stock is delivered where it is needed most, Examination Gloves have moved into the
Daily PPE Stock Push model.
This includes NCP 6n Nitrile Examination Gloves. All other gloves remain available to order through NHS Supply Chain and
demand for these products will be closely monitored.
- Examination Glove demand has significantly increased above our predicted uplift under the current COVID-19 response.
- NHS England and NHS Improvement have taken the decision to move Examination Gloves into the Daily PPE Stock Push model.
- This includes NCP 6n Nitrile Examination Gloves. All other gloves remain available to order through NHS Supply Chain and demand for
these products will be closely monitored.
- This is to protect stockholding and push out volumes in line with the NHS England consumption model.
- There are 24 product codes affected.
- All 24 affected product codes will be suspended from the online catalogue on 14 April 2020.
- A daily push of gloves stock will be in place for the first deliveries from Clipper on Thursday 16 April 2020.
- Current orders placed for 15 April 2020 delivery will go ahead.
- See our Downloads ▼ section to view the product listing for further information on the affected product codes.
- Customers can no longer order the 24 affected Examination Gloves NPCs, including all NCP 6n Nitrile Examination Gloves, as they will be
moved into the Daily PPE Stock Push.
- Under this model, the gloves will be delivered to a single trust location.
- See our Useful Links section for a full PPE Product Listing on the Dedicated PPE Channel website.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your local NHS Supply Chain Account Manager or review the details provided in the 14 April 2020
NHS Supply Chain Customer Update: COVID-19 Response webinar.
Published: 14th April 2020
Source: NHS Supply Chain